Kollel Jewish Learning Center
Engaging Minds, Enriching Lives, Jewishly
The Kollel Jewish Learning Center is dedicated to increasing one’s ability to comprehend classical Jewish texts, and fostering an awareness and appreciation for Torah scholarship and Jewish knowledge in the context of everyday life. Through a shared obligation to the values of community and education, both central tenets of our rich heritage, the Kollel provides a wide spectrum of opportunities to explore one’s passions through a Jewish lens with real depth, authenticity, and meaning.
A growing, thriving, dynamic Jewish community whose members embrace Torah study as part of their personal spiritual growth.
To make Torah study an important part of the lives of the Pittsburgh Jewish community.
Values and Beliefs
1. Kollel Jewish Learning Center accepts every Jew — regardless of background and affiliation — as a member of the Jewish community.
2. Kollel Jewish Learning Center believes that Torah study is crucial to the existence of a sustainable Jewish community, and that all Jews can grow through Torah study and should be engaged in daily Torah study and Jewish learning.
3. Kollel Jewish Learning Center pursues traditional Torah study in dynamic, progressive ways.
4. Kollel Jewish Learning Center believes that intensive daily Torah study centered around dedicated scholars is essential in maintaining and growing the Jewish character of the community.
5. The Kollel shall adhere to the highest standards of Jewish law as codified in the Shulchan Aruch and related works and guided by preeminent Torah scholars, as well as all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Strengthening Jewish Identity through Learning